Tired of always being late in the mornings because you can’t find your keys? Filled with dread at the thought of having to supply visiting relatives with their own set of keys? Sick of having to change the locks on your rental or vacation home everytime a tenant moves out?
Sophisticated key-less systems protect what matters most without the added hassle of keys.
Keyless entry systems are activated and disarmed using your fingerprints, a code, or even your cell phone! Whether you’re in the market for a deadbolt, or standard handle-lock, key-less entry systems provide peace of mind and ease of access. The American National Standards Institute has even got its own highly rated favourites, so you can be sure that making the switch to key-less is the right decision. Though you’ll be hard pressed to find a truly-keyless lock, because most still have key-slots in the event of an emergency, these undoubtedly proffer better protection against lock picking/bumping. Don’t worry if you’ve already got a smart home automation system like Amazon Alexa, or Google Assistant, most new keyless entry systems will fit right in, and integration is a walk in the park! Whatever key-less entry system you elect to install, you’re certain to love the newfound convenience and effortlessness of unlocking your door without ever having to reach for a key.
The newest smart-locking systems come with a host of new-fangled, high tech features like voice activation, geofencing, and auto-locking features. Locking and unlocking your doors is as easy as telling your phone “open the front foor”, and geo-fencing ensures you’ll never have to think about whether you’ve left the door unlocked again: set up a radius around your house using the system’s mobile app, and your phone’s location services will keep track of where exactly you are. Once you’ve stepped out of the radius, the lock will slide shut behind you. Auto-locking ensures that your lock engages by itself once it’s been unlocked for a user-specified amount of time.
See our picks for the best locks on the market:
1. Schlage Camelot Keypad Entry With Flex-Lock
- Exceptionally Long Battery Life
- Flex Lock feature allows you to disable automatic locking
- Holds up to 19 entry codes
- Keypad entry access in the event of batter failure or other Emergency
2. Kwikset 92640 Electronic Keypad Deadbolt Lock
- Budget Friendly
- Simple, user-friendly installation
- One time access codes for visitors
3. Schlage Z-Wave Connect Camelot Touchscreen Deadbolt
- Use the keyless entry system right alongside Amazon Alexa or many Z-Wave enabled home automation systems
- Use voice commands to unlock the door, or unlock it remotely using the internet
- Grade I ANSI rating, the highest home residential security rating.
4. Ultraloq Fingerprint And Touch-Screen Key-Less Lock
- Reversible handle makes for easy installation
- Program up to 99 individual fingerprints and access codes
- Hidden, back-up key slot
5. Schlage Touch Camelot Lock
- Entirely keyless, no keyed entry access for added security
- Emergency battery in the event that the standard battery fails
6. Schlage FE575 PLY 626 ELA Plymouth Keypad Entry with Auto-Lock and Elan Levers
- Comes preset with two user codes so it’s ready to use right out of the box.
- BHMA 2 and ANSI approved
- Slick turn lock feature means getting to lock and leave without a key
7. Kwikset 907 Powerbolt 2.0 Electronic Deadbolt featuring SmartKey in Venetian Bronze
- Mastercode feature proffers increased security
- 0-wiring installation – installs in just minutes with nothing but a screwdriver
- Low battery indicator
8. Chamberlain Group Clicker Universal Keyless Entry KLIK2U-P2
- Handy slide-down feature keeps the keypad out of any rain or snow
- Integrate with most automatic garage door openers manufactured since 1993
- Owing to its wireless functionality, the unit installs simply
- Embedded Bluetooth and Zigby radios
- Takes less than 15 minutes to put together from start to finish
- You can use door’s existing keyed cylinder, deadbolt, and latch assembly
10. Ultraloq U-Bolt Pro
- Keypad, fingerprint and automatic unlocking
- Works with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant voice control.
- Integrated IFTTT support